The 120-Hour TEFL-TESOL Course will enable you to teach English both online or abroad.
|Full-Time (with a tutor)|
|Part-Time (with a tutor)|
|Self-Study (without a tutor)|
Our accredited online TEFL/TESOL course is a 100% distance-learning program and can be taken with or without a tutor. It’s primarily designed for those people who wish to study an internationally accredited TEFL/TESOL course but have time and/or budget constraints which don’t allow them to attend one of our training centers. The advantages of this course are as follows:
- you will be able to study at your own pace,
- you can take the course from anywhere in the world, and
- our online tuitions are very competitive.
As it is an online TEFL/TESOL course, there is no classroom attendance and no teaching practicum. You will, however, have the opportunity to see actual EFL classes through videos. Throughout the program, you will study the same course content, including a comprehensive grammar review, and design classes just as the onsite program. At the end of the course, you will have learned the following:
- Understand the qualities that make great teachers.
- Gain knowledge about past and current EFL teaching methodologies.
- Know how to effectively organize and manage an English class.
- Create high-energy classes every day.
- Acquire know-how of teaching different types of students.
- Understand what is going on inside your English language learners.
- Become an expert in language skill development.
- Turn boring subjects into engaging classes.
- How to correct errors in speech and writing.
- Assessment strategies to achieve accuracy and fluency at the same time.
Throughout the program, your personal tutor will check your assignments. There are practice quizzes to help you stay on track. You are also eligible for two meetings of 45 minutes to get extra help if something needs a little more explanation. If you register for the course with a tutor, you will have the choice of a free specialization: Teach Business English, Teach Young Learners, or Teach TOEFL Preparation. The course comes with full career-support services, including resume preparation, school lists, recruiter information, direct referrals to school, job leads as available. iTTi has its own schools in many countries of Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, South, and North America. Prerequisites to registering for the course are an excellent command of both spoken and written English, a high-school diploma as a minimum educational requirement, and 18 years of age.
- Unit 1: Teachers and Learners (plus 3 videos)
- Unit 2: Parts of Speech (plus 1 video
- Unit 3: Theories, Methods, and Techniques (plus 2 videos)
- Unit 4: Present Tenses (plus 1 video)
- Unit 5: Managing Classes (3 videos + 1 bonus book)
- Unit 6: Past Tenses (plus 1 video)
- Unit 7: Teaching New Language
- Unit 8: Future Tenses
- Unit 9: Lesson Planning (plus 1 video)
- Unit 10: Technology in Language Learning & Teaching (plus 2 videos)
- Unit 11: Teaching Receptive Skills (plus 1 video)
- Unit 12: Teaching Productive Skills (4 videos)
- Unit 13: Teaching Pronunciation & Phonology (plus 2 videos)
- Unit 14: Text Books and Lesson Materials (plus 1 video)
- Unit 15: Evaluation and Testing (plus 1 video)
- Unit 16: Conditionals & Reported Speech (plus 1 video)
- Unit 17: Equipment and Teaching Aids (1 video)
- Unit 18: Modals, Phrasal Verbs and Passive Voice (plus 1 video)
- Unit 19: Teaching Special Groups (2 videos)
- Unit 20: Project Work – Lesson Plan